Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Whole Fam Damily

Let me give you a little back ground on my family. I have an older brother and a younger sister. Both are married with children. My brother's children are grown, and in college. My sister's children are my own children's age. (We have a LOoooooong way to go before college). They all live in the same city with my parents, aka MiMi and PaPa.  We, however, live about 5 hours away. I understand that my family is crazy, but I still love them.
Recently I suggested a family get together the day before Easter. I know this is not going to happen. I won't go into anything else here (Each family member has their own definition and opinion of family time)  While I know my idea of a Norman Rockwell day on the river, grilling out, laughing, playing board games: it will never happen, I can always dream. I know, if the family day happens, it will end in yelling, screaming, whining and tears. And there is no telling how the kids will act.

If any of the above mentioned are reading, I am sure this will cause ANOTHER fight. Please don't get offended, this is all a statement of fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment