Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

We interrupt this marriage to bring you football season?

Football Season? In August? Yes, preseason play of course. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE football. I love seeing how our schools drafts do in the pro's. I love it when MY team runs out onto the field, I love yelling that disputed phrase that had so many up in arms after my team finally won a "major award" and the powers that be decided it belonged to them.  But, It's STILL August. It's HOT outside. We can still go places on Sunday afternoon. We don't need to have the TiVoed replay on one tv and the current PRE season match up on the other..But I digress.
What I love is the feel of the college season. The energy all over this state. The instate hate. I love when the band runs out on the field and the head dork stabs his long stabby thing in the ground. I love when one of our mascots (the live one) SOARS around the stadium. I love that my kids get so excited about going to each and every game. That they talk smack to their own grandparents!! I project the younger one to be a body painter one day, I'll be so proud.
I also LOVE the Pro boys. I don't feel the need to watch every game, just the ones that they play in, I guess I am short a protrusion from my body to feel the need to do that.
My husband, however, will watch every down, every penalty, every 'cheerleader' kick her scantily clad leg up above her head. I will see him in January, unless, we have a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment