Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

March of Dimes Signature Chef's of Birmingham

Dear Friends,
I’d like to tell you a little why I am asking for a donation for this event.  I work, very hard, to raise money for March of Dimes. I do this on my own time, and sometimes with my own money, when donors are scarce.  What my husband, Jack and I went through, to bury your own children, no one should have to suffer this. Nearly 8 years ago, we were blessed with twins, Henry and Grace. They were born too early.  Henry was still born, and Grace lived for 45 minutes, we weren’t able to hold her while she was alive. 
I don't want to say that volunteering makes it all worth it, because I would move heaven and earth to hold those precious babies, to see them grow up. It helps me make sense out of our personal tragedy.  When I ask you for a donation, it is not for me. It is for that family, right now, sitting in the NICU unable to hold their baby, because he is too fragile to be held. It is for the mother to be, who is uneducated about prenatal care. It is for the baby who is born with an inexplicable birth defect.  I realize that even if I could save every baby single handedly, it would not make mine come back.  So, for now, I will spend every waking hour, trying to help this worth while organization, loving my two sweet angels that I have on earth, and remembering the two I have in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment